http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Twisted Grooves: please don't take my picture it's been a bad day

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

please don't take my picture it's been a bad day

i hate makati. it's one of those places that for some reason or another, i always end up feeling bummed out. this started after graduation and i had to go to all these job interviews. the pace of the people there are just not to my liking. just like any big city, it's so fast. everybody's in a rush. and everyone seems so into fashionionable stuff. coming from marikina, where there are still small patches of green fields, mountains and rivers, the pace there just wouldn't align with my taste. so i decided that i had to find a job in ortigas. luckily i did. it's been 10 years and i still have no plan of leaving.

there are other incidents like being late for a date because i got lost going to greenbelt (hehe), getting lost again with claire looking for this place in buendia, and being accosted for crossing the yellow lane in edsa (eventually they forgave me), having my cellphone confiscated and fined 500 pesos for bringing out my cellphone while watching a boring play (yes they have an ordinance for that). because of all these incidents, i really don't go to makati if i had a choice.

last night, i had no choice. i had to do visit the makati office of Gold's gym to sign some documents. my friend jo-ann accompanied me. on the way home, we were traversing makati avenue when a traffic enforcer asked us to pull-over. apparently, i entered a one way street. but in all honesty, i didn't see any sign. after pleading for a while, i let the guy issue me a ticket. but not after telling him that their signs are inadequate. no one would be looking at all the side streets lookin for one way signs. it wasn't that visible. in fact, there was another car after me who entered it. obviously, the guy also didn't see the sign. now, i have to go back to makati again to pay the fine and get my license back. i hope my luck favors me this time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home