http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Twisted Grooves: to do list and my balikbayan box

Sunday, March 26, 2006

to do list and my balikbayan box

It's less than a week before my US trip and I'm not yet done with my pasalubong shopping. My sister, as usual, has her last minute "bilins" even though she's now in San Francisco for their own vacation. I just opened my yahoo messenger and there-she left a message to get some medicines. But I'm not complaining, this is actually fun, but tiring I must say. Last week, I was out almost everyday looking for stuff for my friends and family in the US. You know how we Pinoys are-we never fail to give even the simplest gifts to our loved ones.

I made a list of last minute "things to do". So here it goes:

1. Prepare tax documents and ready them for filing.
2. Pre-register car. (coz it ends in '4')
3. Rip mp3s for player. I might miss pinoy bands, so just in case, I'll be ripping some of my new CDs. I'm thinking Daydream cycle, Saydie, Wolfmann, Urbandub, Paramita and Datu's Tribe.
4. Get Randell Bamboo and Urbandub CDs.
5. Get Randell and Reden Bench shirts. These guys even though they can afford the foreign brands, still prefer Bench. I guess that old Richard Gomez rowing commercial got stuck in their minds.
6. Visit dermatologist for Jay-jay's medicines.
7. Copy Janet's wedding pictures. Janet got married a few months back in Tagaytay and I haven't given her the raw files of my shots.
8. Copy ---&---'s wedding pictures. This is actually a project I'll be working on. It's a surprise so I won't name the couple. Hehe.
9. Copy Gawad Kalinga materials for distribution. Working for GK is a lifestyle I adapted when I made my commitment to support it, so even on holiday, I'll make it a point to be as productive as I can be. Come on, dollars are usapan dun noh?! ;)
10. Buy that Bono book so I'll have something to read (besides Mabuhay mag) on that 12 hour flight to SF, 12 hour stop-over and 4 hour flight to Dallas.
11. Should I include this? Prepare turnover documents for Nuts. Man, this is work related. It's not part of the "fun" things I mentioned. Hehe.

If you've been to the international airport the past year or so, you may have noticed the trendy balikbayan box covers that people carry. Packages no longer have to be that old crappy box with your name and address splattered all over it. You can now wrap them in colorful and stylish bags with name tag slip-ons. I remember my sister coming home last year and I was kidding her being a jologs because most of their co-passengers had fashionable balikbayan box covers. So before going back to the US, they got one too. Hehe.

Anyway, we have two boxes already filled with delata (century tuna, laing, sardines, etc), chips (chippy, granny goose, kirei, etc), instant noodles, chocnut, boy bawang, cook books, vcds, etc. I just hope immigration does not hassle us for bringing the local sari-sari store. Haha!

Snapshots from my previous trip four years ago:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home