http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Twisted Grooves: first in 88 years

Thursday, October 27, 2005

first in 88 years

I don't know if I should feel bombed out by the fact that my team, the New York Yankees, with the highest payroll on the MLB has not won the World Series in 5 years. I mean the last two winners-Boston and now Chicago didn't win it since before the world wars. I should be happy for them. So congratulations to my friends in Chicago (see you in march neryza and janet) and Boston (we both lost this year klur).

Now, I was really hoping that Chicago would win it. That city hasn't won anything since that Michael won them 6 world championships. But I was also half wishing that Roger Clemens would at least give a good showing and add to his already legendary career. As it turned out, Roger was hit hard by the White Sox (his pitches i mean) and reinjured his hamstring on the 2nd inning of game 1. That seemed to have started the downfall for the Astros. They were swept literally. They failed to convert on a lot of scoring opportunities and gave up big home runs, including a grand slam. They were "chokers". Better luck next time Houston. Get your nerves checked this winter and wish that Roger has one more year for you. To Chicago, see you next summer. I hope! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home