http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Twisted Grooves: i made the backcover

Monday, December 19, 2005

i made the backcover


i'm a music album collector. i don't buy fake music cds. i like the feel of tearing the tight plastic protective cover of jewel cases. i get excited opening a brand new one and seeing the art work and photography for the first time. i spend my idle times reading the lyrics, credits and long thank yous from the artists. that's how much i treasure my small collection of tapes, cds and music dvds. that's why i almost cried when our house got flooded and some of my treasured collection were soaked with water. instant flashbacks of how each album affected my past came to me like a blurry movie scene as i tried not to tear the album sleeves while attempting to dry them off under the sun. i feel like a father who failed to take care of his kids. now i don't keep my collection in a cabinet downstairs anymore. i moved them to our second floor and kept them in a big air tight plastic box. i hope they feel safer.

last friday, i got a big surprise when biboy told me that 29 AD, a gospel band, had their album released and they used a picture i took as part of the album cover. he showed it to me and wow, i loved it. i didn't get the front cover but hey this one's a first for me. and really, it was one of my little dreams as a struggling photographer. some of my friends should be getting this as my xmas gift. hehehe.

i took this picture of the late bob barretto's drum notes during their final rehearsal a night before their gk4gk benefit concert at the meralco theater. a few hours before their opening, tito bob, died of a heart attack. the concert went on as scheduled. to everyone's amazement, it went well. it seemed he never left his band and kept on drumming for them. we all believed we witnessed a miracle that night and until now he continues to inspire us all. even in death he was there providing the beat we all needed to dance to for our cause-the poor of this country.

to tito bob. i really didn't get to know you. but hearing your life story inspired me more in fighting and sacrificing for the things i believe in. thank you for making one of my dreams come true. may you rest in peace. see you in heaven. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home