http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Twisted Grooves: laban pacman!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

laban pacman!


The runup to the fight made my palms sweat, the singing of the national anthem sent shivers down my spine, the continous barrage of hooks and straights made my heart pound like crazy, and finally the 10th round knockdown made me stand up, clench my fists, punch them in the air and say 'mabuhay ang Pilipinas!'

Our hero dedicated his victory to God and country. Even just for a few hours he made us happy once again. He endured months of sacrifices and pain for this victory. And as he goes on his journey, he will continue to put our country's name on top of the boxing world. He will make others respect our people. And eventually we can again be proud of our heritage. But to us, he only has one thing to ask- for us to unite as a nation. It's time to pay him back!

Salamat Manny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home